Saturday, April 18, 2015

"Working Mothers Are Benefiting the Family" By Supreet Mann

Summary
In the article “Working Mothers Are Benefiting the Family” Supreet Mann talks about how working women are benefiting their families and teaching their children valuable life lessons. She claims that working women are helping many families with the financial support and also setting up a role model imagine for the kids. Mann explains how her life was affected by her mom working full time shoulder to shoulder with her dad. Mann also argues the point made by Michel Noer in “Don’t marry Career Women” that the women with jobs are more likely to get divorced. Mann clearly writes that it is not right to blame everything on one gender. Mann gives various examples and personal experiences in her article.
Response

After reading the article “Working Mothers Are Benefiting the Family” by Supreet Mann, I totally agree with her. I also believe that working mothers are really benefiting the families rather than just staying home. There are several more pros over cons and Mann has really stated them all very well in her article. I also disagree with the point Michel Noer is making about women with careers more likely to get divorced. I believe it is not always the story and Mann proves it by setting up another example of Elizabeth Corcoran’s personal life. She restates Corcoran’s point that how she is a working woman and she is still happily married to her husband. This article definitely is so inspiring and written in such a positive way.

2 comments:

  1. I also agree with your opinion that two people that is working in the relationship is very beneficial to the family. Even though in my shoes, my husband is working and I am a full time student, I say my education helps bring stronger our relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with your opinion on how it's not always the reason that working women cause divorces. I believe working women are benefiting the family and are impacting todays society.

    ReplyDelete